Re: complementOf -> viewOf: proposed text

James,

I would say that e1 and e2 *denote* aspects of the same thing, with different
levels of specialty.

Thus, when we say specializationOf(e1,e2), I would suggest that the (full)
*description* of e1 subsumes the description of e2; that is, any descriptive
statement that is true of e2 is also true of e1, but that further things may be
true of e1 that are not true of e2.  That is, e1 denotes a more specialized, or
more constrained, aspect of the thing denoted by e2.

So e1 and e2 denote things, not descriptions, but the relationship of
specialization allows us to say things about the relative descriptions of those
things.

To my mind, introducing the distinction between things and descriptions into the
domain of discourse (i.e. the range of denotations of by names like e1 and e2)
just complicates the expressions of our language without offering any useful
increase in expressive capability.