Re: complementOf -> viewOf: proposed text

In that case, would you (or Luc) also agree with describing "specializationOf(e1,e2)" as "e1 and e2 describe the same thing, and e1 is more detailed/specific than e2"?

The concern I have about specalizationOf is that it is about the descriptions, not the described things.  I can rationalize alternateOf as saying that "e1 and e2 refer to the same thing", which is almost what Luc wrote, but to rationalize specializationOf I need e1 and e2 to refer to descriptions, not things themselves.  (I think it is this distinction that is one of the root causes of confusion here.)

--James

On Jan 16, 2012, at 4:06 PM, Paolo Missier wrote:

> thing (we just crossed in the mail)
> -Paolo
>
> On 1/16/12 4:03 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:
>> Hi James,
>>

>> To add on to this, did we really mean
>>
>> e1 and e2 provide two different characterization of the same entity
>>
>> or did we mean
>>
>> e1 and e2 provide two different characterization of the same THING?
>>
>> Luc

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.