Re: PROV-ISSUE-205 (optional-activity-in-generation-record): optional activity in generation record [prov-dm]

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 13:29, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> How would the following proposal
>    making the activity identifier optional in the generation record

Sounds good to me - but should we then not rename it from
wasGeneratedBy to wasGenerated ?

Btw - is it 'OK' that the PROV-ASN is filled with various optional
parameters at positions which makes it hard to build any kind of
deterministic parser?

(Ie. how would I know that it's a wasGeneratedBy(entity, activity,
time) and not wasGeneratedBy(id, entity, time) ? )

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science