Re: PROV-ISSUE-94 (pe-attributes): are process executions characterized in the same way as entities? [Conceptual Model]

Hi all,
+1 for process executions to have attributes - they may or may not be
"characterizing" attributes.

>The impetus for entities to have characterising attributes, as
I understand, is that we need to be clear which of multiple >perspectives on
a thing we are making an assertion about when giving its provenance, e.g.
"the report", "version 1 of the >report", or "version 1 of the report on
Simon's PC".

There are "non-characterizing" attributes also that are asserted for
entities/PEs and are relevant from provenance perspective. For example,
"paper copy of version 1 of the report" on library table (when water was
spilled on it) and on the counter at coffee shop (when a page was crumpled).

>  idea of nested process executions as well
I don't see a particular problem in modeling composite PEs (workflow as a PE
and composed of multiple PEs).

Best,
Satya