Re: PROV-ISSUE-164 (TLebo): pre-determined versus determined [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

From: Stephan Zednik <zednis@rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:16:25 -0700
Cc: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
What about "Provenance assertions are about activities that have occurred, or are currently occurring, and the entities involved in such activities."

I am not sure we gain much by restricting them to be non-dynamic.  We can't enforce this from a technological standpoint, and it suggests that inaccurate provenance assertions cannot be corrected.

--Stephan