Re: PROV-ISSUE-145 (Tlebo): qualified identifiers may not work well with named graphs [Data Model]

From: Tim Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 18:49:19 -0500
Cc: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Hi, Luc!

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 6, 2011, at 17:44, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> We need to explore this in detail.
> To me, it is crucial to be able to assert that entity e1 in account acc1 is complementOf entity e2 in acc2.

Absolutely.

> How do you propose doing this?

Would the one triple

:e1 prov:wasComplementOf :e2 .

work? This would stand independent of what account the entities are in -- which gets to the point I was making that the asserter needs to make distinct URIs and not depend on some account-based scoping mechanism to establish its identity.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting DM again from a "too RDF" perspective like the literal versus URI discussions earlier today.

Best,
Tim