Re: Blog Post: 5 Simple Provenance Statements

Luc,

There are possible choices here - probably not a single correct response.

I would consider the option that the different entities can be associated with
provenance graphs (using separate hasProvenance statements), but that such
statements might refer to the *same* graph.  Thus, a single provenance graph -
maybe for a single overall workflow execution - could be constructed then
associated with each of the artifacts generated by that execution.

Or each entity could have a minimal graph dealing with just the details
pertaining to the provenance of that entity.

I'd like to see some implementation leeway here, as long as there's no
possibility for mis-interpretation of the resulting provenance.

(It also relates to the possible advantage I hinted at in relation to the
duplication of the entity URI - the provenance graph is able to include
additional information that may not be specifically about the original entity.)