Re: ACTION-1422: Develop proposal for label role and aria-labelfor property

On 28 April 2014 18:19, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>wrote:

> Personally I prefer the explicit association method as well, since it
> makes it possible to programmatically set label text within dynamic
> applications irrespective of where the content is located.

I believe the addition of a label role came about as a result of the
original suggestion to add a caption role to provide a mapping for the IA2
caption. The implemented role in Firefox for figcaption is IA2 caption.

<figure>
<figcaption role="caption"> caption text </figcaption>
</figure>

I don't see the need for requiring the use of aria-labelledby in this
situation.

--

Regards

SteveF