Re: comment on answer to comment... (OW/XML)

So I had a look at what is said about Recommendations:

"A W3C Recommendation is a specification or set of guidelines that,
after extensive consensus-building, has received the endorsement of
W3C Members and the Director. W3C recommends the wide deployment of
its Recommendations. Note: W3C Recommendations are similar to the
standards published by other organizations."

I think the hangup is the part about "recommends the wide deployment".
It is on this matter that the WG does not have consensus. We all agree
that it is a specification that has undergone extensive
consensus-building (at least within the WG), and that it is "similar
to the standards published by other organizations".

I think the consensus is that this is really important for Bijan and
perhaps a few others and he has hopes of it becoming widely used, and
that we committed the time to evaluating and reviewing and improving
the document.

I wonder whether it is the "recommends the wide deployment" aspect
that our critics are complaining about. If so, I don't know how to
effectively counter this.

-Alan