RE: A proposal for addressing LC comment 58 (fully typed functional-style syntax)

Just to be clear: This is a /proposal/, I do /not/ insist on this, i.e., I
won't formally object if we decide to switch back to "typed syntax".

In fact, I would not even consider my reworking of the correspondence
section in the RDF-based Semantics a design change, and I certainly will go
on refining my proof there for quite a while, anyway, because there is
certainly still much room for refinement. :) So there would not be too much
delay, and also probably no danger of a second LC for the RDF-Based
Semantics.

But, unlike Boris, I cannot really say that I sympathize with this comment,
so I would also like to hear serious comments from others how they feel. I
would argue that both solutions, strongly typed FS and mandatory
declarations, are appropriate solutions, so I would be inclined to keep with
what we have now, given that this will take quite some working group effort
in order to be implemented, and we all have a lot of other (and probably
more important) things to do.

Best,

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: schneid@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/ipe/eng/mitarbeiter.php?id=555

==

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftung Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rudi
Studer

==