RE: A proposal for addressing LC comment 58 (fully typed functional-style syntax)

Hi!

AFAICT, this would mean that many documents need a large revision:

* Structural Spec
* OWL/XML
* Direct Semantics
* RDF Mapping
* Profiles
* Test Cases
* the UFDs that use Functional Syntax

This would also mean that I would have to rework the proof of the
correspondence theorem between OWL 2 DL and OWL 2 Full in the RDF-Based
Semantics, and actually the whole (long!) Section 7 there. This may be a lot
of work for me, that does not have any advantage for the RDF-Based
Semantics. I would not be happy with this additional burden.

We had a decision on this almost a year from now, after long email
discussions, and no one seemed to be exceptionally unhappy with this. In
particular, AFAIR (I might be wrong) Matthew was even a guest at F2F2. I'd
say that the disadvantages on the implementer's side do not outweigh the
additional burden on the (now small active part of the) WG.

I propose to deny the requested change.

Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)

==

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftung Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rudi
Studer

==