RE: A proposal for ISSUE-104 (built-in vocabulary)

Hi Boris!

Regarding the 'rdf:first' problem: Your proposal would introduce special
treatment for the List vocabulary in OWL 2. My own idea, stated in an
earlier mail, was the opposite: To simply ignore the list vocabulary (except
in those parts of the reverse mapping where it is applied as part of the
syntax).

This would have the effect that rdf:first would be just some URI. And this
would mean that, in order to use it, one would need to declare it to be
either an owl:ObjectProperty or an owl:DatatypeProperty, respectively. For
example, the following would then be legal OWL 2 DL:

  rdf:List rdf:type owl:Class .
  rdf:first rdf:type owl:DatatypeProperty .
  rdf:rest rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty .
  rdf:nil rdf:type owl:NamedIndividual .

  :alice :likesNumbers ( 2 3 5 7 ) .

The declarations could be imported, of course, no need to write them down
every time.

It wouldn't be possible to use rdf:first both as an object and a data
property in the same ontology. But this is what one would expect in OWL 2
DL.

Michael