Re: Question about number types

On Jul 4, 2008, at 11:10 AM, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen wrote:

> Personally, I thought the spec was fairly clear that the
> disjointness of the primitives is a given for purposes of XSD,
> and is not intended as a constraint on other systems, which
> will of course wish to compare values across primitive types.

Apparently not. The OWL Working group is distinctly under the
impression that this was not the case. And not surprisingly, as one
thinks of "values" as the things one compares, and these are disjoint.

Would you mind pointing us to the text that makes this clear? It
would be very helpful for our discussion.

Thanks!

-Alan