Re: ISSUE-126 (Revisit Datatypes): A proposal for resolution

On Jul 1, 2008, at 8:15 AM, Boris Motik wrote:

> We disallow the NaN (not-a-number) constant (allowing NaN would
> make owl:double not a subset of owl:real).

There's also -infinity and +infinity to deal with.
They don't do +/- 0, though at least some documentation appears
confused about that:
http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/ch19-77095.html

OTOH, to add a wrinkle, there is a 1.1 version of the XML Schema,
currently in working draft, that might be more careful about things -
just looking now. It *does* have +/- 0.

The date and time stuff explicitly explains how dates and times can
be fully ordered (though there are two total orders, one with and
without time zone)

I note it went to last call in 2006, but there is a working draft of
last month. (ouch)

However it's current working status means that perhaps we can effect
changes to it that would make our life easier. E.g. perhaps we can
have them add xsd:read, xsd:rational. Should we at least submit a
short report to them on the issues that we have found?

-Alan