RE: proposal to resolve issue-114 - Which combinations of punning should be allowed?

Hello,

I am not sure I understand this e-mail. Please note that, in RDF, all possible combinations of punning are allowed: you can use the
same URI for all different types of entities. For example, in RDF (and OWL Full) there is nothing that prevents you from using the
same URI as both a class and a datatype; furthermore, you can use the same URI as a class and a property.

In OWL 2 DL, we need to restrict that because of the two-sorted nature of our logic and the decision not to disambiguate class
constructors involving properties in the RDF syntax (see Issue-17). Therefore, in OWL 2 we cannot pun between classes and datatypes,
and object and data properties. Thus, restrictions on punning in OWL 2 are *stronger* than in RDF (where they are actually void).

Thus, it seems to me that your proposal for resolution actually means we should leave the spec as it is right now (which I fully
support).

Regards,

	Boris