RE: references to OWL 2 Syntax

Sandro Hawke wrote:

>I don't think "OWL 2 Specification" is a very good way to refer to "OWL
>2 Web Ontology Language: Structural Specification and Functional-Style
>Syntax".  That seems to suggest, to me, that the document is the
>specification of OWL....  Can we just call it "OWL 2 Syntax"?

Well, that would then seem to suggest, to me, that the document is the
/syntax/ of OWL. :-)

It's the /functional/ syntax for OWL 2 /DL/. So

  "OWL 2 DL Functional Syntax"

would probably be the most obvious name, but it's perhaps a bit long as a
reference. Shorter would be:

  "OWL 2 Functional Syntax"

since it is clear that only OWL 2 /DL/ has a functional syntax. Or

  "OWL 2 DL Syntax"

because the primary syntax for OWL 2 DL is the /functional/ syntax.

Further, in order to later avoid confusion with OWL 2 Full, the "OWL 2
Semantics" document should be referred to by

  "OWL 2 DL Semantics"

Analogue for the "OWL 2 /DL/ XML Serialization" document, which again is a
syntax for OWL 2 /DL/. In this way it will not be confused with the RDF/XML
syntax, which will be the standard serialization of OWL 2 Full's primary
syntax: RDF.

Btw: I do *not* mean that the /physical hyperlinks/ to these documents need
to be updated accordingly, neither in the Wiki nor elsewhere. This would be
a lot of work to do for no real win. So better just leave the hyperlink
names as they are.

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: Michael.Schneider@fzi.de

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe