Re: CURIEs - ISSUE-14

Just to clarify the current situation:

- The CURIE WD[1] is, well, moribund indeed. It is not clear whether the
XHTML2 WG will ever go down the full Recommendation route with it and,
if yes, when.

- The RDFa syntax document[2] has included a full definition of CURIE-s
because it wanted to avoid a dependency on the CURIE WD and jeopardize
its advancement to a Recommendation. The current plan is to have RDFa as
a Rec sometimes early spring (April?) 2008.

Note, however, that _if_ [1] does become a Recommendation, the goal is
to be strictly compatible with [2] (they have the same editors,
actually...). Jeremy, I am not sure which 'two XHTML2.0 WDs' you were
referring additionally to [1] and [2]. To the best of my knowledge, [1]
supersedes any other CURIE-related work in the XHTML2 WG.

For the OWL WG referring to [2] seems, at the moment, to be a safe bet,
although the definition of prefix must be defined separately for the OWL
functional syntax (RDFa relies on the XML syntax).

I hope this helps

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/curie
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax