Re: UFDTF - who are we writing for

On 26 Nov 2007, at 17:00, Jim Hendler wrote:
[snip]

> p.s. I note that the OWL Reference and Overview are the two highest
> ranked in Google and interestingly the S&AS document, despite being
> normative, is lower in Google rank than any of the others except
> for Use cases, with which it is tied...  I know Google rank is
> variable and also not a definitive argument for anything, but it
> does indicate more people linking to the user facing documents over
> the developer-oriented one.  Doesn't deny the importance of that
> document, just stresses the importance of the others to uptake...

My current search:
	http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=web+ontology
+language&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

gets:

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,930,000 for web ontology language. (0.16
seconds)
OWL Web Ontology Language Overview
Web Ontology Language OWL / W3C Semantic Web Activity
Web Ontology Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Introduction to OWL
	www.w3schools.com/rdf/rdf_owl.asp - 22k - Cached - Similar pages
D. McGuinness and F van Harmelen (eds) OWL Web Ontology Language.
Overview ... J. Hefflin, Web Ontology Language (OWL) Use Cases and
Requirements ...
	www.cs.vu.nl/~frankh/postscript/OntoHandbook03OWL.pdf - Similar pages
Cover Pages: OWL Web Ontology Language
	xml.coverpages.org/owl.html - 40k - Cached - Similar pages
OWL 1.1 Web Ontology Language
	www.webont.org/owl/1.1/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
OWL flies as Web ontology language | InfoWorld | News | 2003-08-19 ...
	www.infoworld.com/article/03/08/19/HNowl_1.html - 79k - Cached -
Similar pages
Feature Synopsis for OWL Lite and OWL
	www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/ dlm/webont/OWLFeatureSynopsisJuly29.htm
- 37k - Cached - Similar pages
The benefits of the Web ontology language in Web applications
	search.techrepublic.com.com/ 404.php?page=5100-6387-5060266 - 44k -
Cached - Similar pages