Re: UFDTF - who are we writing for

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>
Subject: UFDTF - who are we writing for
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:00:52 -0500

[...]

> ANSWER 1: Someone like me wants a reference manual
>   OK, Bijan argued that since users will mainly use OWL through
> tools, they didn't really need to know most of this.  Ok, maybe, but
> suppose I got to a SWOOP or Protege for OWL1.1 and create a new
> property - I get a menu asking me what kind of property it is.  One
> of my choices is
>          owl11:irreflexive property.

This doesn't sound very likely.  In Protege 4.0, for example, the tab
for creating an object property is called "Object Properties" and the
options under it include "Irreflexive".

My take on this is that a Protege user isn't going to get much out of
the OWL 1.0 Overview or Guide or Reference, because these documents  talk a
different language.