Re: ISSUE-3: REPORTED: Lack of anonymous individuals

Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de> said:

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, gstoil@image.ece.ntua.gr wrote:
> >
> > Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de> said:
> >
> >> relation. Actually, we could think of adding the universal property
> >> and interpreting the anonymous individuals as skolem constants, as you
> >> propose. This means that, if really needed, true anonymous individuals
> >> can still be recovered via the universal property. The restriction to
> >> tree-shaped interconnections is then automatic. And we don't introduce
> >> conjunctive queries to ontology entailment.
> >>
> >> greetings,
> >>
> >>  	Carsten
> >
> > But is there currently any reasoning support for the universal role in SROIQ?
> > I believe there isn't any.
>
> Yes, it is in SROIQ. But even if it wasn't: it's useful, it's easily added
> to tableau algorithm, and it shouldn't be difficult to implement.
>
> greetings,
>  		Carsten

But from the paper of SROIQ I am reading the following:

Def 2: "A RIA ... not including the universal role"
Def 3: "For roles R,S != U..."
Def 15: "...let C_o be a SROIQ-concept not using the universal role..."

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
G. Stoilos