Re: ISSUE-3: REPORTED: Lack of anonymous individuals

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, gstoil@image.ece.ntua.gr wrote:

> Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de> said:
>
>> relation. Actually, we could think of adding the universal property
>> and interpreting the anonymous individuals as skolem constants, as you
>> propose. This means that, if really needed, true anonymous individuals
>> can still be recovered via the universal property. The restriction to
>> tree-shaped interconnections is then automatic. And we don't introduce
>> conjunctive queries to ontology entailment.
>>
>> greetings,
>>
>>  	Carsten
>
> But is there currently any reasoning support for the universal role in SROIQ?
> I believe there isn't any.

Yes, it is in SROIQ. But even if it wasn't: it's useful, it's easily added
to tableau algorithm, and it shouldn't be difficult to implement.

greetings,
 		Carsten

--
*      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU Dresden       *
*     Office phone:++49 351 46339171   mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de     *