Re: comments on RDF mapping

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> On 1 Nov 2007, at 16:41, Novacek, Vit wrote:
>
>>> The question would be where adding specific properties to the OWL
>>> spec is
>>> appropriate
>
> Yes.
>
>>> versus those properties being defined in some standard ontology.
>
> This is an alternative. If this group does it, it's a bit moot or rather
> an implementation decision which way we go. But having a better set of
> predefined annotation properties so tools can support them specifically
> is a win, IMHO.
>
> For example, we should look at what it takes to have a tighter
> integration with SKOS (at the annotation level).

+1

Note that the SKOS people (on the SWD Working Group) have been fighting
with the SKOS/OWL-DL relationships for a while. At the last f2f meeting
the group decided to put the DL issues on hold specifically because some
of the issues they were fighting with may become moot in OWL1.1 DL (eg,
via punning). But they can surely give a good feedback on the issues if
we ask them... (and yes, a better integration with SKOS on the
annotation level might be a good way to handle some of these issues for
Vit, too).

Caveat: the SWD WG would like to have a SKOS CR sometimes next April.
Ie, they would probably resist adding dependencies on OWL1.1 into their
work...

Cheers

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/