Re: [ontolex] Modellin collocations

Hi Thierry,

If I understood this right, in this case we are not dealing with
morpho-syntactic features of an entry when used in a specific
ontolex:LexicalSense (we would use lexicog:FormRestriction in that case),
but you just want to indicate that *živali* in *za živali* (in the MW
*bolnišnica
za živali* ) must be in accusative plural. If that is the case,  I am
wondering whether here we could just indicate that the second
decomp:subterm of *bolnišnica za živali* is the lexical entry *za*, and
describe that preposition by indicating that it assigns accusative case to
its nominal complements. At first it looks like the fact that *živali* is
in accusative plural depends mostly on the use of *za* (?). If so, the
restriction on *case* we are referring to is not particular to this MW,
but concerns the grammar of prepositions. For *bolnišnica za živali* a
potential way of encoding this information would be to list the components
in order and indicate at the :za lexical entry level that it requires
accusative (or turning to the synsem module to specify a
lexinfo:NounPPFrame to record that *bolnišnica *takes a PP headed by a *:za*
marker).

I am struggling with the *plural* feature and where to record this, though:
in Spanish,* estación de autobuses* (bus station) requires plural in *autobuses
(?? estación de autobús)*, but *parada de autobús *(bus stop) is used in
both singular and plural, probably because of the difference between a
"station" (always for more than one bus line) and a "stop" (for at least
one bus line). So I agree there should be a mechanism to represent
that *bolnišnica
*takes a za PP with a noun in plural, maybe this would be information to
address with synsem elements, as well?

What do you think?

Best,

Julia