Re: vartrans module finished

Dear Jorge,

  thanks for your very good comments. I comment how I have reacted to
them below.

Am 03.07.15 um 12:31 schrieb Jorge Gracia:
> Dear Philipp, all,
>
> Thanks a lot for the effort, it looks great! I have a few comments,
> though, most of them minor
> (https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Final_Model_Specification):
>
> * I think it is preferable (and more compact) to define "source"  and
> "target" as subproperties of "relates" rather than specifying again
> their domain and range.
Changed.

> * The definition of "Lexical Relation" seems insufficient to me. Can
> we complete it with the paragraph that are before the examples (or
> part of it)?, i.e., "By lexical relations, we understand those
> relations at the surface forms, mainly motivated by grammatical
> requirements, style (Wortklang), and linguistic economy (helping to
> avoid excessive denominative repetition and improving textual coherence)".

I have now rephrased the definition as follows:

"A lexical relation is a lexico-semantic relation that represents the
relation between two lexical entries the surface forms of which are
related grammatically, stylistically or by some operation motivated by
linguistic economy."

OK?

> * The same for "Sense Relation" and the paragraph "Examples of
> semantic relations are the equivalence relation between two senses,
> hypernymy and hyponymy relations, synonymy, antonymy, etc."

I have changed the definition of sense relation as follows:

A sense relation is a lexico-semantic relation that represents the
relation between two lexical senses the meanings of which are related.

The examples come after that....

> * In example "vartrans/example2", I'd use "source" and "target"
> instead of "vartrans:relates". Hypernymy is a relation which has a
> clear directionality.

Corrected.

> * In "Translation as a relation between lexical senses", there is a
> typo "whic relates" -> "which relates"

Thanks, corrected

> * After the last telco's discussion, I thought that we were not
> introducing the shortcut "translation" between senses: that is, we
> were proposing three (and not four) ways of representing translation:
> i) shared reference ii) translation reified relation, and iv)
> translatableAs shortcut. Did I miss something? Which cases cannot be
> covered by these three methods? Further, we are not following here our
> internal rule of not using upper/lower-casing to distinguish between
> class/property. Notice that we have to change the main diagram also,
> if we introduce this new property.

I have commented on this already...

> * I noticed that the figures in examples 1-8 are not updated.
>
> Best regards,
> Jorge

> <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
> <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>>:
>
>     Dear all,
>
>      I finished the vartrans module and udpated the ontology and the
>     examples.
>
>     One thing: does anyone know how to encode the property chain for
>     the translation property using this helper axiom: Translation
>     equivalentClass ObjectHasSelf translationreflex
>
>     Please bear in mind that we will have no ontolex telco tomorrow,
>     but on the 10th of July to discuss the lime module.
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     Philipp._
>
>     --
>
>     --
>     Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>     AG Semantic Computing
>     Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
>     Universität Bielefeld
>
>     Tel:+49 521 106 12249  <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%2012249>
>     Fax:+49 521 106 6560  <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%206560>
>     Mail:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de  <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
>
>     Office CITEC-2.307
>     Universitätsstr. 21-25
>     33615 Bielefeld, NRW
>     Germany
>

> --
> Jorge Gracia, PhD
> Ontology Engineering Group
> Artificial Intelligence Department
> Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
> http://jogracia.url.ph/web/

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560