Re: Welcome to Community Group on Ontology-Lexica

From: Nicoletta Calzolari <glottolo@ilc.cnr.it>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 23:12:58 +0200
To: Philipp Cimiano <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
CC: public-ontolex@w3.org
Dear all,

just two words to tell you that, even if I'm now devoting my time more
to aspects related to research strategies and policies in our field, for
many years I've worked, among others, on lexical semantics and on the
relation of lexicon and ontology. E.g. the SIMPLE lexicons (developed in
a European project coordinated by us), partially based on the Generative
Lexicon, were among the first to have an explicit link to a set of
structured ontological types, the SIMPLE Ontology.

I'm among the co-authors of a book on lexicons and ontologies.

I'm currently the convenor of an ISO Working Group on the relation of
Lexicons and Ontologies, whose editor is Thierry Declerk. It would be
interesting if some of you would like to contribute to this ISO group.

Nicoletta

--

Nicoletta Calzolari Zamorani     glottolo@ilc.cnr.it
Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale del CNR

tel: +39 050 315 2870 (direct)  2836/2873 (ass.)
       +39 348 153 0899 (mobile)
fax: +39 050 315 2839
http://www.ilc.cnr.it/