Re: How can recurrent temporal constraints be expressed ?

Respected Sir,

A very valid observation and question.

I suppose that the leftOperand 'dateTime' as presented in the example
is a placeholder for discussions in this thread.

Surely we may not be able to use 'dateTime' and 'timeInterval' for the
text/calendar
expression because of the type imposed on them by the specification.

This is the reason why i wanted (in the beginning of the thread) to know
whether

(a) there exists profiles as in
https://www.w3.org/community/odrl/wiki/ODRL_Profiles
which contain a leftOperand which might model something close to
'recurrentInterval' or
'recurrentTime' ?
      (OR)
(b) a possibility to introduce a leftOperand similar to recurrentInterval'
or
'recurrentTime'in the common vocabulary
(https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-vocab/#constraintLeftOperandCommon)

regards

On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 1:09 PM Joshua Cornejo <josh@marketdata.md> wrote:

> The definition for the Datetime LeftOperand is:
>

> https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-vocab/#term-dateTime
>

> The date (and optional time and timezone) of exercising the action of the
> Rule. Right operand value *MUST* be an xsd:date or xsd:dateTime as
> defined by [*xmlschema11-2
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-vocab/#bib-xmlschema11-2>*].
>

> Considering the use of Camel - is this referring to a different
> LeftOperand?
>

> Regards,
>
> ___________________________________
>
> *Joshua Cornejo*
>
> *marketdata <https://www.marketdata.md/>*
>
> embed open standards
>
> across your supply chain
>

> *From: *Renato Iannella <r@iannel.la>
> *Date: *Monday 20 May 2024 at 06:56
> *To: *"public-odrl@w3.org Group" <public-odrl@w3.org>
> *Subject: *Re: How can recurrent temporal constraints be expressed ?
>

> On 17 May 2024, at 17:08, Sridhar Krishnamurthy <ksridhar@amagi.com>
> wrote:
>

>    "constraint": [{
>            "leftOperand": "dateTime",
>            "operator": "gte",
>            "rightOperand":  { "@value":
> "RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=1;COUNT=1;UNTIL=2024-12-31",  }
>        },{
>

> The above would definitely need to add the datatype:
>

>    "rightOperand":  { "@value":
> "RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=1;COUNT=1;UNTIL=2024-12-31”,  “@type”: "
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/calendar” }

**DISCLAIMER: **The contents of this email, including any attachments
that it may contain, are privileged and confidential information, and may
also constitute as proprietary, and are intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender by email and delete the original message. Unintended recipients are
strictly prohibited from copying, disclosing, and/or distributing such
contents in any manner or form. Opinions, conclusions, and other
information in this transmission that do not relate to the official
business of Amagi, including all its affiliates, shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it. Any statements made herein that are
tantamount to contractual obligations, promises, claims or commitments
shall not be binding on the Company unless expressly and specifically
stated as otherwise, or followed by written confirmation, by an authorized
signatory of the Company.