Formal semantics

Dear all,

A meeting is to be held on "Formal semantics" on Monday 23 October 2023
at 12:00 UTC.
Beatriz and I have proposed a number of editorial edits, plus a number
of core issues to be discussed in that meeting. Please find details
below [1].

The current spec suggests a number of attributes for certain concepts
(total 5), that we have tried to summarise in the table below. The
properties are:
- Deontic State (I suggest a more accurate term is used, such as
"Activation State")
- Status (We have nothing against the term, but the "unknown" value
should be better described in the current spec)
- Performance (this term is proposed by us, for there is no name for
this in the spec, yet the concept is present in relation to permissions
and actions).
- Policy Conflict Strategy (fully mentioned in the ODRL specs)
- Default Behaviour (implicitly mentioned in the ODRL specs)

Best regards,
Víctor

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18YNBfmE9u8BvcRzks5v32kNpp-CVOSLkxqvf38l3tQY/edit

--
Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel
D3205 - Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)

---