From: Alapan [mailto:alapan@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 2:32 AM
To: Renato Iannella
Cc: ODRL Community Group
Subject: Re: Profile(s)?

An example from my perspective on why multiple profiles may be useful.

Say, you run an electronic multimedia store - games, movies, music, books etc. mtiple profiles would allow for different business models tailored for individual type of media - e.g. Books may be on a rental model while music may be on a purchase forever model. However, you may also wish to bundle media for special deals - e.g. A bundle with a movie, thesoundtrack, the novel which the movie is based in and the game based on the movie. Multiple profiles would allow or the expression of a single license covering all the profiles.

The challenge is on conflicts; if book profile only allows for rental and music profile only allows for purchase, how is this resolved?

I think multiple profiles should be allowed and conflict resolution should be an implementation decision.

Alapan