Re: Date Model spec: slight modifications

On 26 Jun 2014, at 02:30, Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@iptc.org> wrote:

> * 2.1 Policy / undefined attribute / "… known profile …"
> We assume there is no intention for an ODRL Profile Registry making a profile a known one.

Correct, will remove "known".

> * 2.3.1 Role: The function attribute MUST take one of the following values: assigner or assignee
> This is wrong. A policy as a whole should have an assigner and an assignee but for other purposes other functions could be selected.

Agree, this was worded incorrectly.
Should be that the function attribute must support these two values (ie need to at least understand what assignee and assigner means) - but they are not the only values for function

> ** 2.5 Duty - "... a requirement that MAY be fulfilled …"
> Duty by Merriam-Webster: “something that you must do because it is morally right or because the law requires it”
> We feel this MAY should be changed into a MUST (also in the definition of the Action a few lines below that quote.)

OK, I think we overstated the discussion a while back [1] and set Duty to MAY, instead of being clear that they MUST be performed, but not necessarily before the Action is performed.

> ** 2.6 Prohibition - "... all of them are valid"
> This sentence should not be about formal validity but about the requirement that all prohibitions have to be satisfied.

OK, will update.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity