[for an XML expert] Re: NIF testing (Re: NIF documentation and review of the last draft regarding NIF)

Hi Felix,
well I did a quick research, but couldn't find a solution to one
particular question:
The XPointers we use look like this:
http://example.com/exampledoc.html#xpath(/doc/para%5B1%5D/span%5B2%5D)

I was wondering:
1. Do we need to URL encode the part after # ?
2. should it be "xpath()" or "xpointer()"?

I have to say I was confused when seeing this:
http://commons.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/XPath_and_XPointer/XPointer_Syntax#Using_XPointers_in_a_URI

If I recall correctly we cleared that issue back then in a meeting, but
I can't really remember details. Maybe we should clarify it again and
put it in the spec(or at least link it to XPointer/XPath) to document
how we derived it? I wasn't able to find any document for it.

I am not a regular using of XPath or XML so I do not want to overstep my
bounds in this matter.
More RDF related stuff in another email.
-- Sebastian