RE: [SPAM] RE: Question on "phrasing content" definition

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:15:25 -0600
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
CC: "'Silvia Pfeiffer'" <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, 'PÄ“teris Å…ikiforovs' <peteris.nikiforovs@tilde.lv>, <public-html@w3.org>
> I'll try to go through the elements today and come with a possible
> list a ambiguous cases and proposed defaults.

Here it goes:

I would tend to say <textarea> may also be within-text='nested'.

There are a few elements that are clearly within-text='yes' but may contain non-phrasing content. For example <select> can have <option>. So we end up with a non-within-text element inside a within-text element. I see two way to address those:
a) Do nothing. Just report each element as it is.
or b) Say that elements not within text that are inside of element within text must default as 'nested'.
I would tend to go for a) (not say anything).

The bottom line is that for many elements there is no way 'right' choice. But overall it usually hurts less to have sub-flow text inside another flow than to have non-sub-flow text cut out from its context, so erring on within-text='yes' is probably better.

-ys