From: Silvia Pfeiffer [mailto:silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:51 AM
To: Felix Sasaki
Cc: public-html@w3.org; public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: Re: Question on "phrasing content" definition

Hi Felix,

the definition of <head> is here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/document-metadata.html#the-head-element

It says for its content model:
If the document is an iframe srcdoc document or if title information is available from a higher-level protocol: Zero or more elements of metadata content.
Otherwise: One or more elements of metadata content, of which exactly one is a title element.

So, the content model is metadata content, which is specified here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/dom.html#metadata-content

So, no, <head> elements don't hve phrasing content.

HTH.
Silvia.