RE: ExternalResource HTML 2 Video Tag

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 05:21:30 -0600
To: "'Philip'" <Philip.Oduffy@ul.ie>, <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi Philip,

> Is he html5 video element defined as a block level element
> or as an inline element?

If we follow the latest HTML5 defaults it is one of the inline elements.

> If it is defined as block level item, it is not allowed to be
> nested inside a paragraph tag and the input needs to be changed.
> If it is defined as a inline level item, then we need to
> change the definition of our parser.

I'm not sure I understand: The current output below is the same regardless whether <video> is inline or not.

[[
/html/body[1]
/html/body[1]/p[1]
/html/body[1]/p[1]/@id
/html/body[1]/p[1]/video[1]	externalResourceRef="video-image.png"
/html/body[1]/p[1]/video[1]/@height
/html/body[1]/p[1]/video[1]/@poster
]]

What do we have to change in our parsers with regard to <video> and External Resource?