Re: ITS 2.0 Logo

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 19:27:16 +0200
To: Karl Fritsche <karl.fritsche@cocomore.com>
CC: "Lieske, Christian" <christian.lieske@sap.com>, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>, "Dr. David Filip" <David.Filip@ul.ie>, "Pedro L. Díez Orzas" <pedro.diez@linguaserve.com>, "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
On 25.4.2013 17:20, Karl Fritsche wrote:

> On the other hand, if we would have such logos for each data category, these
> could also be used in the implementation. Like in our case to use these as
> buttons for the WYSIWYG editor or in other implementations to add these as
> example in menus. Would be a great recognition value across all implementation.
> But I'm not sure in how many other implementations you would have a use for these.

Folks, In past months we had our heads deep inside ITS. But we should be
sensible -- no one except us will be able to recognize slightly
differences in the set of supported data categories. If we will be lucky
users will recognize *one* generic ITS logo. We can't expect more from
them and we shouldn't spare cycles on this. Just create one simple and
easy to recognize logo for ITS.