Re: idValue issues

On Sun, 2012-10-14 at 12:47 +0200, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> 2012/10/13 Shaun McCance <shaunm@gnome.org>
>         So although all the *Pointer attributes are defined to be
>         relative
>         location paths, I think we just end up getting a string value
>         from
>         the pointed-to nodes for everything except targetPointer.
>

> No -
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-locNotePointer-attribute-1
> here you get the complete notes element
> <notes>Indicates that the resource file {0} could not be
> loaded.</notes>
> since the XPath expression of the pointer attribute is ../notes
> you would get several "notes" elements, if available.

Right, but what do implementations actually *do* with that information?
I convert each pointed-to node to a string and serialize that into a PO
file. Does anybody else do something that doesn't involve stringifying?

Plus, these attributes tend to be defined with language like "contains
a relative selector pointing to a node that holds..." A node, singular.
What am I supposed to do if langPointer returns two nodes?

--
Shaun