W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > October 2012

Re: [Minutes] MLW-LT 2012-10-01 and question

From: Olaf-Michael Stefanov <olaf@stefanov.at>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 19:01:15 +0200
Message-ID: <506DC0DB.9000903@stefanov.at>
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Dear all,

I specifically told each of the co-chairs AT the Prague face-to-face 
that I would not be able to attend the Monday, 1 October meeting as I 
was travelling. I would therefore appreciate it if my name were listed 
under "regrets" in the minutes.

As a sort of PS, I corrected the 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Main_Page#Past page
as there the link to this meeting was linking to the 13 September minutes.
I cannot similarly change the text of the minutes (which is in order), 
so I ask whoever can, to please do so.

olaf-michael

On 2012-10-02 10:49, Felix Sasaki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> minutes are at
> http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes
> and below as text.
> One question on the "canonical data category" names: wouldn't it help 
> to have an additional column with these in the data category overview 
> table
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#datacategories-overview
>
> Best,
>
> Felix
>
>     [1]W3C
>
>        [1]http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                 - DRAFT -
>
>              MultilingualWeb-LT Working Group Teleconference
>
> 01 Oct 2012
>
>     [2]Agenda
>
>        [2]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/agenda
>
>     See also: [3]IRC log
>
>        [3]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>     Present
>            Dave, Arle, Phil, Milan, Pedro, Giuseppe, Shaun, Yves,
>            Jirka, Dom, Leroy, Ankit, Tadej, Jörg, Moritz
>
>     Regrets
>            Felix
>
>     Chair
>            dF
>
>     Scribe
>            daveL
>
> Contents
>
>       * [4]Topics
>       * [5]Summary of Action Items
>       __________________________________________________________
>
>     df: follow up on Prague meeting
>     ... Dom has followed up with reminder to fill in detailed of
>     test suite commitments
>     ... there were presentaton on potnetial new partners with
>     impementation proposals
>     ... proposal from Logrus, ]init[ and Tilde
>     ... other issues - important progress made in tool referencing
>     area
>     ... resolved through introduction of special, non data cateogry
>     mark up
>
>     <dF>
>     [6]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
>     sues/42
>
>        [6]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/42
>
>     df: this solution was a special element that was orthogonal to
>     data categories
>     ... currently only used compulsoraryily by mtconfidence score
>     ... but owner of other data categoires, especially quality
>     related one, should consider making use of this manditory
>     ... this finished brief summary of prague face to face
>     ... now return to open action items
>
>     df; shaun has one on revised intro example
>
>     df: there are several other actions requiring new input to
>     specification - from Tadej, Pedro and others
>     ... we will return to these also in editing session
>
>     shaunm: action 218 on its way, and section 232 in the next few
>     days
>
>     pedro: confirms that he is able to addess 224 by tomoorw
>
>     tadej; can provide 223 by midday tomorrow
>
>     df;action 225 also for tadej
>
>     tadej: will forward that tomorrow
>
>     arle: also had some edits that need to be incorporated also,
>
>     tadej: will liaise Arle on this
>
>     <scribe> ACTION: arle to complete action 225 based on input
>     from tadej [recorded in
>     [7]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-239 - Complete action 225 based on
>     input from tadej [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-10-08].
>
>     df; will skip actions with felix as he can't make call
>
>     df; phil to complete 227 on provenace by next week.
>
>     df; dom has already circulated reminder for test suite
>     committments
>
>     df: notes that we can have independent implementation for W3C
>     conformance even if common libraries such as OKAPI used
>
>     leroy: action 231 completed so it can be closed
>     ... git hub is availalbe and mail has been sent
>
>     df: will extend action 231 for leroy on tests for param
>
>     <Yves_>
>     [8]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-l
>     t/2012Oct/0000.html
>
>        [8]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0000.html
>
>     yves: action is done, but awaiting comments on this post
>
>     df: close this action and pass actions to other data category
>     holders
>
>     <scribe> ACTION: phil to apply its tool to proveance agents
>     [recorded in
>     [9]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-240 - Apply its tool to proveance
>     agents [on Phil Ritchie - due 2012-10-08].
>
>     <scribe> ACTION: declan to apply its tool to mt confidence
>     [recorded in
>     [10]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-241 - Apply its tool to mt confidence
>     [on Declan Groves - due 2012-10-08].
>
>     <scribe> ACTION: phil to apply its tool to quality data
>     catefories [recorded in
>     [11]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-242 - Apply its tool to quality data
>     catefories [on Phil Ritchie - due 2012-10-08].
>
>     <scribe> ACTION: tadej to apply its tool to disambiguation
>     [recorded in
>     [12]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-243 - Apply its tool to
>     disambiguation [on Tadej Štajner - due 2012-10-08].
>
>     daveL: so each of the above should provide an additonal example
>     showing use of its tools
>
>     df: except for mtconfidence score where it is matatory and
>     should therefore replace the exisitng action
>     ... tadej action is already covered by 236
>     ... have now covered all actions not covered by issues, now to
>     cover issues
>     ... issue 42 cvored already
>
>     <Arle> I'm having audio problems with the call. If I don't
>     answer, that may be why. It's coming and going for me.
>
>     df: issue 48 in counting linebreak
>
>     yves: have provided solutions though have not had much feedback
>     ... consider it resolved
>
>     <dF> EBCEDIC
>
>     df: unless there are objections to using the EBCEDIC value then
>     close the issue 48
>     ... issue 51 on too many global rules
>
>     <dF> Dave: Shaun's action on canonical names.. Thi should be
>     probably extended as an annex
>
>     <dF> .. we should have a table to start managing this.
>
>     <dF> .. we do not have a canonical way how to couple HTML and
>     XML attributes
>
>     <dF> .. it is obvious now, but there is actually no formal way
>     to connect them
>
>     <dF> Shaun: in the spec?
>
>     <dF> Dave: it can be a normative annex
>
>     <dF> .. we do not say which HTML attribute corresponds to what
>     XML attribute.
>
>     <scribe> ACTION: shaunm to extend his action for canonical data
>     category list with canonical list of data attributes [recorded
>     in
>     [13]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
>
>     <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find shaunm. You can review and
>     register nicknames at
>     <[14]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/u
>     sers>.
>
>       [14]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/users%3E.
>
>     yves: this topic has somewhat overridden the more general
>     problem of having too many global rules with bad practice of
>     selectors in global rules that break if the document is changes
>     ... will provide an example of this problems
>
>     df: should these be two separate issues
>
>     yves: yes, it should be a separate issue, I had pointed this
>     out in response to provenance proposals
>
>     df: we need felix to split the issue
>
>     <scribe> ACTION: felix to split the issue of pointers from the
>     issue of too many poor global rules as suggested by Yves
>     [recorded in
>     [15]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-244 - Split the issue of pointers
>     from the issue of too many poor global rules as suggested by
>     Yves [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-10-08].
>
>     df: there is an issue with use of keyword for domain info
>     compared to dc.subject
>
>     yves: points out that keyword is a list of items rather than
>     just one, so this doesn't work with out domain mapping issue
>
>     df: this needs a solution, but non offered on call
>
>     <Jirka> [16]http://www.tortoisecvs.org/
>
>       [16]http://www.tortoisecvs.org/
>
>     <Arle> ACTION: Arle to circulate editorial sequence for
>     sections in editors' meeting [recorded in
>     [17]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-245 - Circulate editorial sequence
>     for sections in editors' meeting [on Arle Lommel - due
>     2012-10-08].
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>     [NEW] ACTION: Arle to circulate editorial sequence for sections
>     in editors' meeting [recorded in
>     [18]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]
>     [NEW] ACTION: arle to complete action 225 based on input from
>     tadej [recorded in
>     [19]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
>     [NEW] ACTION: declan to apply its tool to mt confidence
>     [recorded in
>     [20]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
>     [NEW] ACTION: felix to split the issue of pointers from the
>     issue of too many poor global rules as suggested by Yves
>     [recorded in
>     [21]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]
>     [NEW] ACTION: phil to apply its tool to proveance agents
>     [recorded in
>     [22]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
>     [NEW] ACTION: phil to apply its tool to quality data catefories
>     [recorded in
>     [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
>     [NEW] ACTION: shaunm to extend his action for canonical data
>     category list with canonical list of data attributes [recorded
>     in
>     [24]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
>     [NEW] ACTION: tadej to apply its tool to disambiguation
>     [recorded in
>     [25]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
>
>     [End of minutes]
>       __________________________________________________________
>
>
>      Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version
>      1.137 ([27]CVS log)
>      $Date: 2012/10/02 08:48:26 $
>
>       [26]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm  <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
>       [27]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
Received on Thursday, 4 October 2012 17:01:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:31:55 UTC