W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > October 2012

Re: [Minutes] MLW-LT 2012-10-01 and question

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:41:58 +0200
Message-ID: <CAL58czpDkJ7D+-xd+7YubA7oCYCGTLO4J+mbTYn7C_sL7eTvkA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Olaf-Michael Stefanov <olaf@stefanov.at>
Cc: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Done, Olaf-Michael - sorry for missing your regrets and thanks for updating
the wiki.

Best,

Felix

2012/10/4 Olaf-Michael Stefanov <olaf@stefanov.at>

> Dear all,
>
> I specifically told each of the co-chairs AT the Prague face-to-face that
> I would not be able to attend the Monday, 1 October meeting as I was
> travelling. I would therefore appreciate it if my name were listed under
> "regrets" in the minutes.
>
> As a sort of PS, I corrected the http://www.w3.org/**
> International/multilingualweb/**lt/wiki/Main_Page#Past<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Main_Page#Past>page
> as there the link to this meeting was linking to the 13 September minutes.
> I cannot similarly change the text of the minutes (which is in order), so
> I ask whoever can, to please do so.
>
> olaf-michael
>
>
> On 2012-10-02 10:49, Felix Sasaki wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> minutes are at
>> http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-**mlw-lt-minutes<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes>
>> and below as text.
>> One question on the "canonical data category" names: wouldn't it help to
>> have an additional column with these in the data category overview table
>> http://www.w3.org/**International/multilingualweb/**
>> lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#**datacategories-overview<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#datacategories-overview>
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Felix
>>
>>     [1]W3C
>>
>>        [1]http://www.w3.org/
>>
>>                                 - DRAFT -
>>
>>              MultilingualWeb-LT Working Group Teleconference
>>
>> 01 Oct 2012
>>
>>     [2]Agenda
>>
>>        [2]https://www.w3.org/**International/multilingualweb/**
>> lt/track/agenda<https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/agenda>
>>
>>     See also: [3]IRC log
>>
>>        [3]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-irc<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-irc>
>>
>> Attendees
>>
>>     Present
>>            Dave, Arle, Phil, Milan, Pedro, Giuseppe, Shaun, Yves,
>>            Jirka, Dom, Leroy, Ankit, Tadej, Jörg, Moritz
>>
>>     Regrets
>>            Felix
>>
>>     Chair
>>            dF
>>
>>     Scribe
>>            daveL
>>
>> Contents
>>
>>       * [4]Topics
>>       * [5]Summary of Action Items
>>       ______________________________**____________________________
>>
>>     df: follow up on Prague meeting
>>     ... Dom has followed up with reminder to fill in detailed of
>>     test suite commitments
>>     ... there were presentaton on potnetial new partners with
>>     impementation proposals
>>     ... proposal from Logrus, ]init[ and Tilde
>>     ... other issues - important progress made in tool referencing
>>     area
>>     ... resolved through introduction of special, non data cateogry
>>     mark up
>>
>>     <dF>
>>     [6]https://www.w3.org/**International/multilingualweb/**lt/track/is<https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is>
>>     sues/42
>>
>>        [6]https://www.w3.org/**International/multilingualweb/**
>> lt/track/issues/42<https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/42>
>>
>>     df: this solution was a special element that was orthogonal to
>>     data categories
>>     ... currently only used compulsoraryily by mtconfidence score
>>     ... but owner of other data categoires, especially quality
>>     related one, should consider making use of this manditory
>>     ... this finished brief summary of prague face to face
>>     ... now return to open action items
>>
>>     df; shaun has one on revised intro example
>>
>>     df: there are several other actions requiring new input to
>>     specification - from Tadej, Pedro and others
>>     ... we will return to these also in editing session
>>
>>     shaunm: action 218 on its way, and section 232 in the next few
>>     days
>>
>>     pedro: confirms that he is able to addess 224 by tomoorw
>>
>>     tadej; can provide 223 by midday tomorrow
>>
>>     df;action 225 also for tadej
>>
>>     tadej: will forward that tomorrow
>>
>>     arle: also had some edits that need to be incorporated also,
>>
>>     tadej: will liaise Arle on this
>>
>>     <scribe> ACTION: arle to complete action 225 based on input
>>     from tadej [recorded in
>>     [7]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action01<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01>
>> ]
>>
>>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-239 - Complete action 225 based on
>>     input from tadej [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-10-08].
>>
>>     df; will skip actions with felix as he can't make call
>>
>>     df; phil to complete 227 on provenace by next week.
>>
>>     df; dom has already circulated reminder for test suite
>>     committments
>>
>>     df: notes that we can have independent implementation for W3C
>>     conformance even if common libraries such as OKAPI used
>>
>>     leroy: action 231 completed so it can be closed
>>     ... git hub is availalbe and mail has been sent
>>
>>     df: will extend action 231 for leroy on tests for param
>>
>>     <Yves_>
>>     [8]http://lists.w3.org/**Archives/Public/public-**multilingualweb-l<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-l>
>>     t/2012Oct/0000.html
>>
>>        [8]http://lists.w3.org/**Archives/Public/public-**
>> multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/**0000.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0000.html>
>>
>>     yves: action is done, but awaiting comments on this post
>>
>>     df: close this action and pass actions to other data category
>>     holders
>>
>>     <scribe> ACTION: phil to apply its tool to proveance agents
>>     [recorded in
>>     [9]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action02<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02>
>> ]
>>
>>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-240 - Apply its tool to proveance
>>     agents [on Phil Ritchie - due 2012-10-08].
>>
>>     <scribe> ACTION: declan to apply its tool to mt confidence
>>     [recorded in
>>     [10]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action03<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03>
>> ]
>>
>>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-241 - Apply its tool to mt confidence
>>     [on Declan Groves - due 2012-10-08].
>>
>>     <scribe> ACTION: phil to apply its tool to quality data
>>     catefories [recorded in
>>     [11]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action04<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04>
>> ]
>>
>>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-242 - Apply its tool to quality data
>>     catefories [on Phil Ritchie - due 2012-10-08].
>>
>>     <scribe> ACTION: tadej to apply its tool to disambiguation
>>     [recorded in
>>     [12]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action05<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05>
>> ]
>>
>>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-243 - Apply its tool to
>>     disambiguation [on Tadej Štajner - due 2012-10-08].
>>
>>     daveL: so each of the above should provide an additonal example
>>     showing use of its tools
>>
>>     df: except for mtconfidence score where it is matatory and
>>     should therefore replace the exisitng action
>>     ... tadej action is already covered by 236
>>     ... have now covered all actions not covered by issues, now to
>>     cover issues
>>     ... issue 42 cvored already
>>
>>     <Arle> I'm having audio problems with the call. If I don't
>>     answer, that may be why. It's coming and going for me.
>>
>>     df: issue 48 in counting linebreak
>>
>>     yves: have provided solutions though have not had much feedback
>>     ... consider it resolved
>>
>>     <dF> EBCEDIC
>>
>>     df: unless there are objections to using the EBCEDIC value then
>>     close the issue 48
>>     ... issue 51 on too many global rules
>>
>>     <dF> Dave: Shaun's action on canonical names.. Thi should be
>>     probably extended as an annex
>>
>>     <dF> .. we should have a table to start managing this.
>>
>>     <dF> .. we do not have a canonical way how to couple HTML and
>>     XML attributes
>>
>>     <dF> .. it is obvious now, but there is actually no formal way
>>     to connect them
>>
>>     <dF> Shaun: in the spec?
>>
>>     <dF> Dave: it can be a normative annex
>>
>>     <dF> .. we do not say which HTML attribute corresponds to what
>>     XML attribute.
>>
>>     <scribe> ACTION: shaunm to extend his action for canonical data
>>     category list with canonical list of data attributes [recorded
>>     in
>>     [13]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action06<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06>
>> ]
>>
>>     <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find shaunm. You can review and
>>     register nicknames at
>>     <[14]http://www.w3.org/**International/multilingualweb/**lt/track/u<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/u>
>>     sers>.
>>
>>       [14]http://www.w3.org/**International/multilingualweb/**
>> lt/track/users%3E<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/users%3E>
>> .
>>
>>     yves: this topic has somewhat overridden the more general
>>     problem of having too many global rules with bad practice of
>>     selectors in global rules that break if the document is changes
>>     ... will provide an example of this problems
>>
>>     df: should these be two separate issues
>>
>>     yves: yes, it should be a separate issue, I had pointed this
>>     out in response to provenance proposals
>>
>>     df: we need felix to split the issue
>>
>>     <scribe> ACTION: felix to split the issue of pointers from the
>>     issue of too many poor global rules as suggested by Yves
>>     [recorded in
>>     [15]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action07<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07>
>> ]
>>
>>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-244 - Split the issue of pointers
>>     from the issue of too many poor global rules as suggested by
>>     Yves [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-10-08].
>>
>>     df: there is an issue with use of keyword for domain info
>>     compared to dc.subject
>>
>>     yves: points out that keyword is a list of items rather than
>>     just one, so this doesn't work with out domain mapping issue
>>
>>     df: this needs a solution, but non offered on call
>>
>>     <Jirka> [16]http://www.tortoisecvs.**org/<http://www.tortoisecvs.org/>
>>
>>       [16]http://www.tortoisecvs.**org/ <http://www.tortoisecvs.org/>
>>
>>     <Arle> ACTION: Arle to circulate editorial sequence for
>>     sections in editors' meeting [recorded in
>>     [17]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action08<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08>
>> ]
>>
>>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-245 - Circulate editorial sequence
>>     for sections in editors' meeting [on Arle Lommel - due
>>     2012-10-08].
>>
>> Summary of Action Items
>>
>>     [NEW] ACTION: Arle to circulate editorial sequence for sections
>>     in editors' meeting [recorded in
>>     [18]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action08<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08>
>> ]
>>     [NEW] ACTION: arle to complete action 225 based on input from
>>     tadej [recorded in
>>     [19]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action01<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01>
>> ]
>>     [NEW] ACTION: declan to apply its tool to mt confidence
>>     [recorded in
>>     [20]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action03<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03>
>> ]
>>     [NEW] ACTION: felix to split the issue of pointers from the
>>     issue of too many poor global rules as suggested by Yves
>>     [recorded in
>>     [21]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action07<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07>
>> ]
>>     [NEW] ACTION: phil to apply its tool to proveance agents
>>     [recorded in
>>     [22]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action02<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02>
>> ]
>>     [NEW] ACTION: phil to apply its tool to quality data catefories
>>     [recorded in
>>     [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action04<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04>
>> ]
>>     [NEW] ACTION: shaunm to extend his action for canonical data
>>     category list with canonical list of data attributes [recorded
>>     in
>>     [24]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action06<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06>
>> ]
>>     [NEW] ACTION: tadej to apply its tool to disambiguation
>>     [recorded in
>>     [25]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/**01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#**action05<http://www.w3.org/2012/10/01-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05>
>> ]
>>
>>     [End of minutes]
>>       ______________________________**____________________________
>>
>>
>>      Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version
>>      1.137 ([27]CVS log)
>>      $Date: 2012/10/02 08:48:26 $
>>
>>       [26]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~**checkout~/2002/scribe/**
>> scribedoc.htm<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> <
>> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%**7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/**scribedoc.htm<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
>> >
>>       [27]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/**2002/scribe/<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>
>>
>>
>
>


-- 
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow
Received on Thursday, 4 October 2012 17:42:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:31:55 UTC