RE: ma-ont RDF latest version

Dear all,

congrats with the excellent work, seems like we have a real ontology
instead of a property list now :).

Some remarks:
In the ontology specification the location property is defined as the
location where a resource is created, developed, recorded, or
otherwise authored. Currently the ontology scheme only has a
depictedLocation. So maybe a ObjectProperty createLocation could be
added? I guess the depicted location is not in the ontology
specification since it could be described using the "description"
property?

Could isImageRelatedTo be made a subproperty of isRelatedTo?

Could the link between the Data Property relation and the Object
Peropty isRelatedTo be formalized somehow? E.g., if a MediaResource is
used as the range of a isRelatedTo objectproperty, it implies that a
relation data property should exist with the URI of that MediaResource?

There is no direct connection between a MediaResource and the
TargetAudienceAuthority.
Do I interpret it correct that to express that an organization has
given a classification "adult" to a mediaResource, we express this as:
a_MediaResource hasContributor a_TargetAudienceAuthority;
a_TargetAudienceAuthority targetAudienceAuthorityIs a_Organization;
a_TargetAudienceAuthority targetAudience "Adult";

I think there is something missing to state that a MediaFragment is a
fragment of a specific MediaResource (maybe isFragmentOf and
hasFragment Object properties).

Maybe it's better to remove the namedFragmentUri data property and
create a fragmentName data property (like the fragmentRole property).
This way a namedFragment is a MediaFragment with a fragmentName and
the URI can be retrieved through fragmentUri.

Kind regards,
Chris

Quoting "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>:

> Dear Thierry,
>
> Almost a week without additional comment. I would therefore suggest
> that this becomes the new version of our RDF ontology.
>
> Thanks in advance for uploading it and replace the current published version.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jean-Pierre

>>> resource [1] and I believe that a media fragment falls under that

Ghent University - Multimedia Lab
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41
B-9000 Ghent, Belgium

tel: +32 9 264 89 17