AW: Type of media file and its metadata

Hi Felix,

This an interesting question, actually I think there are two issues here:

- The metadata to expect does not only depend on the type of the media resource, but also of the metadata format used.We have discussed that issue at the last F2F, and in the API design draft [1] we have added the functionality to filter by source format, and to get all properties that have a value (see section Iterating), in a source format or in all available annotations. Looking at the Wiki page again, I believe we have forgotten a function to get the list of source formats.

- The other issue are annotation of collections such as the feed you mentioned. In that case I think one could only expect a (subset of) descriptive properties, similar to media resources that do not represent actual manifestations of a work.

Best regards,
Werner

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Strawman_API_design_and_notes