Re: Must "technologies being used" be in a SC's text, if that SC has support in 2 technologies?

From: Gregg C Vanderheiden <greggvan@umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:43:16 -0400
Cc: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>, Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>, Joshue O Connor <josh@interaccess.ie>, Stephen Repsher <stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com>, To Henry <shawn@w3.org>, Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>, Glenda Sims <glenda.sims@deque.com>, Jason J White <jjwhite@ets.org>, "w3c-waI-gl@w3. org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
We need to be careful that we don’t write the guidelines to only apply for today. We want to write guidelines that will apply for the future as well.

So, I don’t think that we can drop the phrase because it works with technologies today if we know there is a revolution coming. And there is a revolution coming including 3-D immersive etc.

Also there are a lot of pages that still use legacy technologies. We need to  recognize them as well.

As to what technologies there are out there today, I’m not the expert on that. I just posted another message just before this asking that question.

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu