Re: RDF and CIDOC CRM

On 6/12/13 5:40 PM, Richard Light wrote:

> On 12/06/2013 21:33, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> Is <http://www.cidoc-crm.org/rdfs/cidoc_crm_v5.1-draft-2013May.rdfs>
>> the correct URL for the document that describes this ontology? If
>> that's true, then who should I contact with regards to any subtle
>> tweaks? For instance, the ontology would benefit from some
>> rdfs:isDefinedBy and wdsr:describedby relations. Those relations
>> makes it easier to explore the ontology via a Linked Data browser.
> No, the BM is using the Erlangen manifestation of the CIDOC CRM [1],
> with domain prefix http://erlangen-crm.org/current/.
>
> Richard
>
> [1] http://erlangen-crm.org/
> --
> *Richard Light*

Great!

As you can see, the same tweak would be beneficial here too re.
rdfs:isDefinedBy and wdrs:describedby relations:

1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ferlangen-crm.org%2Fcurrent%2F
-- ontology description
2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ferlangen-crm.org%2Fcurrent%2FE10_Transfer_of_Custody
-- pivot and follow-your-nose effect of the suggested relations.

In addition to the above, there's a lot to gain by associating each
entity in this ontology with a label (e.g., via an rdfs:label relation).
Also, but this is a major nice to have, associate each entity in the
ontology with a depiction (via foaf:depiction relation).

Net effect of the tweak above it that there will be labels where you
currently see raw URIs and the stock RDF images would be automatically
replaced (which those from the ontology) in the PivotViewer views below:

1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/HtmlPivotViewer/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fc%2F3T6FEC%23%24view%24%3D1
-- results page

2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/HtmlPivotViewer/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fc%2F3T6FEC%23%24view%24%3D3%26%24facet0%24%3Ddomain
-- tabular view that lets you sort by relation/facet

3.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/HtmlPivotViewer/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fc%2F3T6FEC%23%24view%24%3D2%26%24facet0%24%3DinverseOf
-- alternative relations grouping using the pivot's bar chart view

4.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/HtmlPivotViewer/edit.vsp?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fc%2F3T6FEC%23%24view%24%3D1
-- query definition.

Founder & CEO