Re: isDefinedBy and isDescribedBy, Tale of two missing predicates

I was wondering if an example might help me understand this better.

I have currently been linking between entities and the RDF that describes
them using foaf:topic and foaf:page

If I understand this correctly, I would continue to use foaf:topic to point
from the RDF page to the entities it describes, but use wdrs:describedBy to
link from the entity to the RDF that describe it.

For example, for this page

http://ocs.taxonconcept.org/ocs/f522444a-2dd9-400e-be59-47213ef38cb9.rdf

I should replace the entries of:

<foaf:page rdf:resource="
http://ocs.taxonconcept.org/ocs/f522444a-2dd9-400e-be59-47213ef38cb9.rdf"/>

with

<wdrs:describedBy rdf:resource="
http://ocs.taxonconcept.org/ocs/f522444a-2dd9-400e-be59-47213ef38cb9.rdf"/>

Also, is there a reason why there is not inverse predicate like
"wdrs:describes"?

Thanks!

- Pete

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

>  On 11/5/10 3:34 AM, Egon Willighagen wrote:
>
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:58 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>  As a best practice, common use of these predicates would increase
> navigability, link density, and overall cohesiveness of the burgeoning Web
> of Linked Data. It would truly demonstrate practicing what we preach,
> dog-food style!
>
>  So you have some examples where these two specifications are used?
>
> Egon
>

>  Egon,
>
> Seen this mail kinda late, hence late response. Some examples:
>
> Links:
>
> 1. http://goo.gl/MG5iS -- shows a descriptor page, <link/>, and "Link"
> headers putting wdrs:describedBy to use
> 2.