Re: LOCN and DGGS

Hi Andrea,

I wonder if a DGGS code should be regarded as an identifier. I would say
its primary purpose is not to identify something, but to tell where
something is located. It seems to me that as a specification of location,
it is something akin to geometry or address. LOCN has special classes for
those two. So if indeed a DGGS code is a specification of location, could
or should an extension of LOCN be made to accommodate DGGS? Or could it be
sufficient to say that a resource is a locn:Location and therefore any
rdfs:seeAlso properties could be DGGS codes? That would require the DGGS
reference to be a single URI, and it would require a certain amount of
reasoning for the consumer.

Regards,
Frans