Re: paging in editor's draft

From: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 08:12:37 -0500
To: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
> thing that matters is the model represented in RDF. so what you're
saying
> is that even though pages clearly do follow some order, entries on a
page
> are randomly ordered? that's a bit inconsistent and, in many scenarios

That is the behavior from common serializers like those in Jena, yes.  If
you process triples as RDF, vs as raw JSON/whatever, the triples are an
unordered set.
One is always free to write their own serializer, and add some extension
information to the message so that extension-aware clients can know that
the server already ordered members in the message.  The client would need
some way to take advantage of that, of course.  Ways might exist today, I
have not thought about it much beyond this point since the goal for "my"
clients is to communicate what they'll get from any pseudo-random LDP
server and distinguish that from extensions.

Best Regards, John

Voice US 845-435-9470  BluePages
Tivoli OSLC Lead - Show me the Scenario