W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ld4lt@w3.org > July 2014

RE: AGENDA: LD4LT call Thursday 17th July 15.00 CEST, 13.00 UTC

From: Penny Labropoulou <penny@ilsp.gr>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:45:28 +0300
To: 'Víctor Rodríguez Doncel' <vrodriguez@fi.upm.es>, <public-ld4lt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <038e01cfa275$63d599d0$2b80cd70$@ilsp.gr>
Thanx Victor.

I'm sorry I missed the meeting yesterday, but I'll check the minutes. I hope
next week I'll be able to contribute more to the excel and the wiki. 

Best,

Penny

 

From: Víctor Rodríguez Doncel [mailto:vrodriguez@fi.upm.es] 
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:06 PM
To: public-ld4lt@w3.org
Cc: vrodriguez@fi.upm.es
Subject: Re: AGENDA: LD4LT call Thursday 17th July 15.00 CEST, 13.00 UTC

 

Thanks a lot Penny for your feedback, 

I can modify the wiki
<http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Licensing_information>  with your
comments, or if you like feel free to edit it yourself.
The next step would be editing the spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15SE4_qAqYFostmD52uKxpkCPZh1f5TrPeoX
KNTlDYpQ/edit#gid=0> , with a detailed account of the classes and
properties.
It has been suggested during the call linking the type of resources to the
dcat:Distribution (described by a dcat:mediaType); I will update the model
with this. Similar feedback is welcome!

Regards,
Víctor

El 17/07/2014 10:52, Penny Labropoulou escribió:

Hi all.
I' m sorry but I' m not sure I' ll be able to join you at today's meeting.
So, I would like to send some input for ACTION 5 - the discussion on the
licensing module, based on the META-SHARE experience and current ongoing
discussions on its improvement. Sorry, it will only be some bullets and I'll
be able to add more comments next week.
First of all, I agree with Victor's proposal and his recommendations
regarding the licensing module. (One minor point to clarify things: we have
used the spelling "licence" instead of the "license" because we decided to
stick to the European spelling rules for the whole model, but this is minor;
license can just as easily be used).
Victor's recommendations regard mainly the licence component per se and I
agree they can be adopted as they are ; comments for this
. it is important to identify what should indeed remain in the
licenceInfo (or whatever its name is) describing the licence itself and only
the licence
o add URIs, as proposed
o keep licence name (identified by human users)
o add version information (e.g. CC 4.0, etc.)
o the use of the ODRL or any such other language for representing
conditions/restrictions/permissions of use: GREAT! but maybe keep some
descriptive element for human consumption also
o for some licences (e.g. ELDA licences), the elements membershipInfo
(not translated by UPF) are used; discuss which licences will be RDFized and
the need of extra elements for this
 
At META-SHARE, there's also a set of elements that link a specific resource
to a specific licence (what in META-SHARE was inside the distributionInfo);
things to consider for this:
o a resource may be linked to more than one licences (e.g. a
commercial and a non-commercial one)
o dual licensing of a resource, i.e. a resource accessed via an
interface, is available with two licences, one for the contents and one for
the interface
o irrespective of the licence, some elements are needed for legal
reasons, e.g. licensor, IPR holder, distribution rights holder, attribution
text/url; discuss if these should be at a separate module
o distribution/access medium: this has been added to the
distributionInfo module because certain resources had a different way of
access depending on the licence; this seems to be abandoned; especially for
open resources, most of them are downloadable or can be accessed via a web
interface; discuss if this is indeed to be kept in this module
Best,
Penny
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org] 
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:18 AM
To: Dave Lewis
Cc: public-ld4lt@w3.org <mailto:public-ld4lt@w3.org>  
Subject: Re: AGENDA: LD4LT call Thursday 17th July 15.00 CEST, 13.00 UTC
 
Hi Dave and all,
 
Am 16.07.2014 um 18:19 schrieb Dave Lewis  <mailto:dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie>
<dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie>:
 

Hi all,
Just a reminder that our regular call is tomorrow, Thursday 17th July,

15.00 CEST

 

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=LD4LT+Call
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=LD4LT+Call&iso=201
4> &iso=2014
0717T13&p1=1440&ah=1

 
dial-in details:
http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Teleconference_logistics
 
and on irc.w3.org
#ld4lt
 
please join me if you are able.
 
Agenda below, let me know if you have any other items to discuss:
 
Topic: Action item review
-----------------------------------
 
ACTION-5: Victor - proposal for a license module
http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/5
 
Victor provided draft. Will cover in agenda item below.
 
ACTION-7: Felix - Check with w3c groups if there are other approches to

represent languages as uris
 
 
This is done, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jul/0004.html
though we probably should discuss how or even if to move forward with the
topic.
 
- Felix
 

 
ACTION-8: Dave -Look into isa work related to dcat profiles and report

back

http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/8
 
See mail - to be discussed in MS CORE vocab:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jul/0011.html
 
ACTION-9: Jorge - Implement changes in metashare spreadsheet
http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/9
see agenda item below
 
ACTION-10: Jorge - Identify some external vocabularies to use in ms
 
Topic: Annoucements
------------------------------
Felix or Sebastian: MLODE call and LD4LT workshop:
http://mlode2014.nlp2rdf.org/lider-roadmapping-workshop/
 
Dave:
FEISGILTT one day workshop at locworld Vancouver
 
Topic: META-SHARE vocabulary CORE
----------------------------------------------------
Review updates to vocabulary at:
 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15SE4_qAqYFostmD52uKxpkCPZh1f5TrPeoXK
NTlDYpQ/edit#gid=0

 
(note: Jorge has added column headed 'NEW' and some existing MS vocab

columns are hidden and can be accessed via little triangle in header
Suggested updates in new columns being tracked in blue)

 
Issues:
- use of DCAT
- separation of certain parts onto separate modules
- modelling character encoding
- modelling language codes
 
Topic: META-SHARE vocabulary LICENSE
-------------------------------------------------------
Discussion of Victor's contribution:
https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Licensing_information
 
Topic: Next meeting
---------------------------
 
Topic: AoB
---------------
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
Received on Friday, 18 July 2014 10:46:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:16:10 UTC