ACTION-7 "Check with w3c groups if there are other approches to represent languages as uris"

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 14:06:09 +0200
To: Linked Data for Language Technology Community Group <public-ld4lt@w3.org>
I did this and was pointed to this proposal was rejected both for RDF 1.0 and RDF 1.1, see for the later this thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Oct/0001.html
which at least Jose Labra and probably Jorge are already aware of, see
http://www.weso.es/MLODPatterns/Linguistic_metadata.html

So now we have at least four different approaches for the same purpose websites,

http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/#Property:catalog_language
http://lingvoj.org/
http://www.lexvo.org/
http://glottolog.org/

I am wondering what best practice to derive from this - one suggestion was to use owl:sameAs between these in appropriate situations. Thoughts?

- Felix