Re: Error definition

I think *and* vice versa (at least under the hood), although that may be my own lack of knowledge and imagination!  I await confirmation from better minds than my own.

In any case, I don’t think it particularly effects the facts of the matter: if the output you expect is a vxml node, and your parser can’t produce one, I agree you should be given an error.

You may also want a recogniser mode or function that produces a boolean to answer the question “can this parse” - but that is out of scope of our work on the specification, so far.

Tomos Hillman
eXpertML Ltd
+44 7793 242058