Re: Error definition

Tom Hillman <tom@expertml.com> writes:
> I think *and* vice versa (at least under the hood), although that may
> be my own lack of knowledge and imagination!

As a terms of art, I think they’re distinct. Several papers I’ve read
characterize Earley’s original work as a recognizer not a parser. A
couple went on to point out that Earley’s own sketch for how to make a
parser from the recognizer was flawed, though the flaws weren’t detected
for a couple of decades.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--