Re: [User Context] general, auditory, and screen reader keys added

On Mar 13, 2013, at 9:26 PM, Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> wrote:

> I still have issues regarding the relationship of this work to other
> specifications and policy requirements, but I would prefer to read other
> peoples' use cases before deciding whether those concerns remain valid. (I
> gave an example at our last meeting regarding caption preferences and their
> overlap with timed text formats that the UA can handle according to the user's
> need without any cooperation from the Web application and hence without any
> need for an expressed preference.

The value of the "subtitle" key lists the following text:

Web authors using a native video player SHOULD allow subtitles to be displayed natively. Web authors using a custom caption display SHOULD display captions based on this setting.