Re: Resolving the NNBSP problem

From: siqin <siqin@almas.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:15:47 +0900
To: ishida@w3.org, 吉日木图.日本 <jrmt@almas.co.jp>, "public-i18n-mongolian@w3.org" <public-i18n-mongolian@w3.org>
Cc: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>, Greg Eck <greck@postone.net>
Hi Leonard Rosenthol,

The problem of NNBSP(202F) in PDF is,

1. Save word document with NNBSP(202F) as PDF file.
     nnbsp_before.docx -> nnbsp_save_to.pdf
2. Copy text from PDF file and paste to new word document(or other format).
     nnbsp_save_to.pdf -> nnbsp_copy_from_pdf.docx
3. In new word document, the NNBSP(202F) changed to WHITE SPACE(0020).

The image
     nnbsp_before.png
     nnbsp_save_to_pdf.png
     nnbsp_copy_from_pdf.png
are real result on display.

Thanks!

SiqinBilige.

On 2015/12/16 16:08, ishida@w3.org wrote:
> On 16/12/2015 06:55, Greg Eck wrote:
> > ØAdobe Acrobat dropping NNBSP upon cut-and-paste. *Jirimutu, are you
> > going to follow-up on this one?*
> >
> > I was not able to contact the proper person in Adobe yet. I would like
> > to ask if any member know who can response on this ?
> >
> > Not sure who to recommend here – can others pass Jirimutu a
> reference at
> > Adobe?
>

> folks, please meet Leonard Rosenthol, PDF Architect from Adobe (cc'ed
> on this email). He would like to help with the NNBSP problem.
> Jirimutu, or someone, could you please send him an example PDF that
> would help him understand the problem?
>
> thanks Leonard!
>
> ri
>

> ps: note that Leonard isn't on the public-i18n-mongolian@w3.org list,
> so we'll need to keep him in cc for this discussion.

nnbsp_save_to_pdf.png
(image/png attachment: nnbsp_save_to_pdf.png)

nnbsp_before.png
(image/png attachment: nnbsp_before.png)

nnbsp_copy_from_pdf.png
(image/png attachment: nnbsp_copy_from_pdf.png)